School Resource Officer Certificate
The School Resource Officer Certificate Program is designed specifically for School Resource Officers who have a desire to increase their training experiences and credentials. The courses selected for the program recognize that an SRO is often required to perform traditional patrol responsibilities in addition to their school-related duties.
- School Resource Officer Training (40 hours)
- School Resource Officer Ethics – Online (32 hours)
- Any Law-Based Course (8 hours or more)
- Any law enforcement course taught and/or coordinated by the North Carolina Justice Academy can be used to fulfill the elective balance.
- All NCJA coordinated conferences may be utilized (NCASRO, NCGIA, NCJOA, etc.).
- A maximum of 30% of the 400 hours can be accepted from outside sources provided they are vetted by the Program Administrator.
- All course work must have been completed no more than 10 years prior to the conferment of the certification.
- In-service training does not count within this program.
Program Application Process
Applicants must be sworn members of a law enforcement agency within the State of North Carolina. Participants must hold at least a Basic Level Certificate in Law Enforcement from either the Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission or the Sheriffs’ Education and Training Commission. Applicants must be a current or former School Resource Officer.
For More Information contact:
NCJA – East