Detention Officer Certification
The Detention Officer Certification Course course has been researched and contains the most current information available for detention officers.
The Commission mandated 174-hour course takes approximately 5 weeks to complete and concludes with a comprehensive written exam. Upon successful completion of the course, the new detention officer will be eligible to be certified as a detention officer in North Carolina.
There are more than 50 accredited DOCC delivery sites in North Carolina. They include community colleges, sheriff’s offices, and the North Carolina Justice Academy.
- Course Management Guide January 2020
- Revision Code List January 2020
- Course Management Guide August 2019
- Revision Code List August 2019
- Lesson Plan Correction & Revision Form
- DOCC Training and Standards Forms
For previous years minutes please contact Michael Cummings
If you have questions, please contact Amanda Stephenson.