A job function may be considered Essential for any reason below:
1. Responsible for coordinating the Police Department’s efforts toward achieving reaccreditation status with the IACLEA (International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators.
2. Reviews, revises, and develops policy and procedure to help ensure accuracy, consistency, and clarity in administrative policy
3. Edits policies, procedures, and other materials for policy
4. Researches sources cited in policies and procedures
5. Assists department personnel in identifying conflicting policies and procedures to resolve conflicts and revise accordingly
6. Meets regularly with the Chief, Assistant Chief, Command, and other key personnel to identify needs and report progress on accreditation efforts
7. Serves as liaison with the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA) for all accreditation matters.
8. Provides liaison with the University Compliance office
9. Stays abreast of all aspects of the accreditation process, including proposed changes or amendments to the standards, assessing the impact of changes with current policies and procedures on the agency
10. Provides related training for agency employees
11. Assigns, directs, and coordinates groups of employees to achieve plans of action, recommendations to the Chief and other activities that meet compliance with applicable accreditation standards
12. Serves as lead and subject matter expert in pursuit of additional accreditation designations, as directed by the Chief of Campus Police
13. The employee makes recommendations to the Chief and Assistant Chief to ensure the agency is proactive and strives to meet IACLEA standards.
1. Maintains policies and proofs of compliance files within the department and in conjunction with the Lexipol policy management system
2. Serves as department administrator to the Lexipol policy management system
3. Creates and maintains interdepartmental and interdepartmental communications
4. Assist with the preparation and maintenance of accurate, up-to-date, and thorough records of inventory and locations of specified property owned by the police department.
5. Performs related work as assigned.