Website City of Morganton
Administrative Services Supervisor – City of Morganton, NC
The City of Morganton is a vibrant and energized city of 17,000 citizens located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains with a track record of innovation, creativity, positive results, and a progressive mindset.
The Morganton Public Safety Department is a full-service police and fire agency that serve our 17,000 citizens with integrity, professionalism, accountability, and respect. We are currently seeking an organized, motivated, and efficient individual to join the TEAM as its Administrative Services Supervisor in Public Safety.
As a member of department’s Executive Staff responsible for the Administrative Services Division, this dynamic position includes;
- Preparation, management & oversight of department’s nine-million dollar annual budget;
- Oversight of capital improvement projects
- Administration of federal, state & private grants, adhering to the various reporting requirements and guidelines of each grant.
- Fleet Manager for nearly 100 public service vehicles
- Procurement and purchasing for all Public Safety buildings & infrastructure, asset/equipment
- Recruiting, hiring, and onboarding personnel
- Conduct research for various issues affecting the department. P
- Provide comprehensive reports including budget analysis, vehicle/equipment maintenance, crime reports, accounts payable and expense reports, etc.
- Oversee records and training functions, including supervising various administrative personnel, including Evidence Custodian, Records Specialist, Parking Enforcement, and Animal Control.
- Coordinate duties and special projects with other city departments and multiple outside agencies.
Successful candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of office management and supervisor practices and procedures
- Knowledge and capability to learn computer equipment and software
- Knowledge of vehicles and fleet maintenance
- Working knowledge of City government departments and personnel
- Ability to provide leadership to other support or program staff in the department
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, by telephone and in writing
- Extensive administrative or office management experience and graduation from business school
- Ability to set work priorities, organize duties and tasks and to supervise.
Salary range is $ 46,021 – $ 69,031; starting salary will be based upon qualifications. Open until filled; application review will begin on April 25. Visit https://www.morgantonnc.gov/ for application information.
Morganton is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org