Alamance Community College Police Department
1. Patrol campus property to provide for the safety and welfare of students and employees and their belongings;
2. Provide security to campus property including buildings, vehicles, equipment, and land;
3. Enforce state and federal laws, local ordinances, and college rules and regulations pertaining to students, employees, and visitors while on College property;
4. Detect and deter crimes, respond to complaints, recognize situations quickly and objectively and determine the appropriate actions when assigned;
5. Enforce traffic laws, assist motorists, direct traffic flows when needed, investigate traffic crashes;
6. Perform initial investigations and follow up investigations into criminal activity;
7. Testify in a court of law as to findings in criminal investigations;
8. Prepare written reports and incident reports relating to criminal incidents, security, and safety matters.
Additional duties shall include other appropriate activities as assigned by the appropriate Division Head and/or the President.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
· Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time;
· Moderate physical labor may be required on occasion;
· Working outside in adverse weather conditions is common;
· Capable of walking up and down flights of stairs and walking for extended periods of time;
· Ability to lift, at times, 50+ lbs.
Variable hours, including weekends, holidays, and rotating shifts.
High school diploma or G.E.D; some college preferred. Must be at least 21 years of age. Valid NC Driver’s License. Current NC police certification or BLET certification preferred. Drug testing required of all finalists and psychological and medical exams required after a conditional offer of employment. Hold current CPR/AED and basic first aid certification, or be able to obtain certification within six months of employment.
One-year of experience in the law enforcement profession, preferably on a college or university campus.
1. Strong interpersonal skills, and effective oral and written communication/public relation skills;
2. Knowledge of the NC General Statutes, individual rights, search and seizure, and the methods, procedures, and practices used in an investigation;
3. Proven ability to act quickly and intelligently in an emergency situation;
4. Ability to carry out oral and written instructions;
5. Ability to perform general patrol (emergency response, medical, traffic, and service) duties;
6. Understanding of crime prevention and community policing;
7. Ability to effectively use and maintain law enforcement equipment;
8. Ability to effectively perform telecommunications duties;
9. Personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality; and
10. Understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives of a community college.
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application. Transcript MUST be scanned and attached in order to be considered for this position!
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.