Website Canton Police Department
Service to the community.
The Town of Canton is currently accepting applications for the position of Patrol Officer. This position is a full- time permanent employment opportunity. The Canton Police Department serves a rapidly growing community and requires all employees to hold and maintain the highest standards. The minimum requirements for this position are listed below. However, some experience in law enforcement work is preferred.
Applications are available at the Canton Police Department located at 58 Park Street, Canton NC 28716 during normal business hours or online at www.cantonnc.com. General questions should be directed to the Canton Police Department Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at (828) 648-2376.
Pre-employment drug screening, psychological and physical evaluations are required prior to being hired, along with successful background investigation. The Town of Canton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications accepted until the position is filled.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.- College preferred
• Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
• Must not have committed, been charged with or convicted of any Felony
• Must not have committed, been charged with or convicted of any Class A-1 or Class 1 Misdemeanors
• No Class 2 or Class 3 Misdemeanor convictions within the past five (5) years
• Must reside within 20 minutes of the agency
• 2 years’ experience preferred
• Must successfully complete an oral interview and panel interview
• Must have successfully completed NC Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET)
• Must pass Personnel Evaluation test (Administered by Agency)
• Must be able to work flexible hours
• IN-STATE LATERAL TRANSFERS ACCEPTED for currently sworn Law Enforcement Officers
• North Carolina State Retirement Program
• 12 Hour Rotating Shifts
• Take Home Car Program for Officers living within Haywood County
• Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for the Employee
To apply for this job please visit www.cantonnc.com.