The Fayetteville Police Department is currently accepting applications for:
Inexperienced applicants Applicants hired as inexperienced Police Officers will attend the July 2024 Academy.
- BLET certified candidates
- Lateral Officers applications will be processed continuously for considerationApplicants being considered for lateral hire may be credited on the step plan based upon the actual number of years of law enforcement experience, to the extent that prior law enforcement experience is determined to be substantially similar to the experience the applicant would have obtained had the applicant been employed by the City of Fayetteville Police Department (FPD) during that time.
- The City of Fayetteville offers a competitive salary and benefits package to law enforcement officers. Information regarding the salary and benefits are listed below.
Salary $43,860.00 – $65,790.00 per year – Experienced police officer’s starting salary to be determined by the applicant’s previous certified full time law enforcement experience.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Education incentives – additional Pay for Education: BA Degree – $3,000/year, AS Degree – $1,500/year
- Uniforms and state of the art equipment provided
- Opportunities for Specialized assignments
- And much more
To learn more about incentives offered by the City of Fayetteville we invite you to tour our Police Department recruitment site at www.joinfaypd.com. By visiting this site, you may also find detailed information on requirements and the hiring process.
Orientation is not mandatory, but strongly recommended BEFORE SUBMITTING APPLICATION. If you have not attended an orientation session, your application can be saved and submitted after attending orientation.
Selection process will include an initial application screening, a written test, a physical agility test, a panel interview and a background investigation. Selected candidates must also complete psychological, polygraph and medical examinations prior to hire.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org