Website Piedmont Triad Airport Authori
Job Description: An employee in this position performs law enforcement duties.
- Patrols airport property in a police vehicle or on foot; checks doors and windows; inspects security doors, gates, and other areas; detects unusual conditions; reports dangerous or defective streets, sidewalks, traffic lights, or other hazardous conditions.
- Responds to calls for assistance, complaints, suspicious activity, disputes, loud and disruptive behavior; completes calls by determining the true nature of the situation and taking whatever legal action is warranted effective.
- Investigates traffic accidents; issues traffic citations, directs traffic, and participates in other emergency operation activities.
- Performs investigations of accidents or other incidents through observation, questioning witnesses, and gathering physical evidence; performs arrests and processes criminal suspects; presents findings in court.
- Issues citations for violation of traffic regulations; apprehends and processes criminal suspects.
- Operates a two-way radio to receive instructions and information from or to report information to communications center or coworkers; maintains vehicle, weapons, and other equipment in standards working order.
- Monitors adherence to parking regulations and issues tickets for violations.
- Prepares records and reports of activities.
- Advises the public on regulations and laws.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Assists stranded motorists; gives information and directions to visitors and the general public.
- Performs badge checks.
- Assists maintenance personnel with snow removal and other activities.
- Enforcing Security Directives from TSA.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Considerable knowledge of state and federal laws, local ordinances and policies of the police department, especially relating to traffic control, public relations, and FAA security requirements.
- Working knowledge of law enforcement principles, practices, methods and equipment.
- Some knowledge of scientific crime detection and criminal identification methods and procedures.
- Skill in the use of firearms and other police equipment and in the application of self-defense tactics.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable FAA/TSA regulations.
- Ability to act with sound judgment in routine and emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
- Ability to present effective court testimony
- Ability to prepare clear and concise activity reports.
- Ability to build and maintain cooperative and effective public relations with the citizens.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and other public officials.
- Must possess the visual acuity to operate a police vehicle and distinguish details and differences when observing people, places, or things on patrol.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and possession of a Current Basic Law Enforcement Certificate provided by the North Carolina Justice Education and Training Standards Commission.
- Prefer some law enforcement training or experience.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Interested applicants must complete a PTAA Application online at www.flyfrompti.com/employment/
Human Resources Department