The Town of Ramseur is a quiet, friendly, rural community of 1,700 where everyone knows their neighbor. Originally settled in the early 1800s, the Charter for the Town of Ramseur was ratified on March 13, 1895. Ramseur, comprised of 1.6 square miles, the town is in Eastern Randolph County, 10 miles east of Asheboro on US Highway 64. The Town’s central location within the Piedmont Triad provides easy access not only to Greensboro but also to local attractions such as the North Carolina Pottery Museum in Seagrove, Millstone Creek Orchards in Ramseur and the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro.
The Town of Ramseur seeks skilled public safety professionals with strong communication skills as candidates for its next Police Chief.
The Town is a full-service municipality and prides itself on providing excellent customer service. The department has 6 sworn officers; although fully staffed now, the retirement of our current police chief and the expected growth of the Town within the next few years will provide the new Chief with staffing and organizational opportunities. The Chief, under the supervision of the Town of Ramseur Board of Commissioners, manages a budget of approximately $500,000.
In 2019, the Department responded to approximately 2000 calls for service. Dispatch services are provided by Randolph County.
The successful candidate will:
• Have the knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of specialized training in the field of work,
• Be adept at combining a hands-on management style with strong leadership, and an ability to work with a variety of stakeholders;
• Be strategic thinking and an exceptional communicator;
• Be able to thoughtfully represent the interests of the Department and the Town of Ramseur, with a high level of community engagement;
• Be comfortable working in a collective bargaining environment.
• Demonstrate employment stability through past work history; and
• Pass an interview, a polygraph examination given by a licensed polygraph examiner, a psychological test, a drug screen, and a medical examination.
Untruthfulness or the intentional withholding of information on any application, interview, polygraph examination, or paperwork associated with the position will result in disqualification.
Candidates should also have an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, as outlined below:
• Certification by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission or eligibility for such certification.
• Ten years of service in law enforcement, including five years of supervisory and/or administrative experience in a full-time, paid police department.
• B.A. in criminal justice or related fields is preferred.
• Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local laws and ordinances
• Knowledge of law enforcement vehicles, equipment, tools, and technology.
• Knowledge of criminal investigation tools and techniques.
• Knowledge of department policies and procedures.
• Skilled in the interpretation and application of federal, state, and local policies, codes, and laws.
• Skilled in analyzing problems and identifying solutions.
• Skilled in preparing clear and accurate reports.
• Skilled in establishing cooperative and productive working relationships.
• Skilled in performing mathematical calculations.
• Skilled in operating computers and other standard office equipment.
• Skilled in interpersonal relationships.
• Skilled in oral and written communication
The starting salary range is $ 46,000 to $52,000.
The Town of Ramseur offers a competitive benefits package.
Candidates should apply by March 1, 2020 with a resume, cover letter, and contact information for five work-related references to The Town of Ramseur, P.O. Box 545, Ramseur, North Carolina 27316. Attention JC Parrish, Police Commissioner
Or to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org