In this episode, we talk with Instructor/Developer Paul Phelan from the Edneyville campus about dealing with an officer’s mental health. As a first responder, having a strong support system around is the key to a successful career. We will talk about critical incident debriefing, signs for peers and family to watch for, and training to help officers deal with stress and encounters on the job.
Other resources are mentioned today are:
- #BuddyCheck with Charlotte Mecklenburg
- NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness (text NAMI to 741741 for help)
- Book: I’m Married to a Cop
- Book: Bulletproof Marriage and Bulletproof Spirit
- Local Wives support groups
To receive more information about officer survival, critical incident debriefing, or to talk to Paul directly, he can be reached by email at email@example.com.
Lastly, we would love to hear from you! Everything we produce is to help you in your position. If you have ideas, topics, or concerns we want to hear them. Take the time to fill out this short survey.