State Crime Lab Leadership
Lab Director’s Strategic Vision:
The North Carolina State Crime Laboratory will be the premier crime laboratory in the country, serving the community through our dedication to science and setting the bar for transparency, quality, efficiency, and employee engagement.
The Laboratory is committed to inclusivity and excellence through integrity, transparency, and professionalism for the criminal justice system and the citizens of the State of North Carolina.
Conduct the highest quality, technically proficient forensic analysis in a timely manner and provide impartial expert witness testimony.
Truth through Science
- Provide quality and timely forensic services to North Carolina’s criminal justice system.
- Maintain ISO/IEC 17025 laboratory accreditation standards and individual certification for all eligible forensic scientists.
- Provide training opportunities for all employees to maintain and/or exceed industry standards and to foster dedication and loyalty between our employees and the Crime Laboratory.
- Identify and acquire necessary fiscal resources for the Crime Laboratory.
- Collaborate with the Forensic Science Advisory Board, professional forensic organizations, private sector businesses, and academia to build research advancements in forensic science.
- Add value to our community by offering tours of laboratory facilities and partnering with civic and educational groups.
Laboratory Director – Vanessa Martinucci
Assistant Director of Administrative Operations – Amanda Thompson
Assistant Director of Technical Operations – Elizabeth Patel
Deputy Assistant Director – John Dilday
Quality Manager – Timothy Suggs
Laboratory Legal Counsel – Jason Caccamo
For more information, please contact the Crime Lab.