North Carolina Law Enforcement Accreditation
“DISCLAIMER: These agencies listed are in the process or certified for compliance with the President’s Executive Order 13929. This form is updated every Friday at 5 pm. If your status has changed, it will not be published until the following Friday.”
Agencies Certified or In Process (last updated 01.15.2021)
Instructions for Certification:
- Review Executive Order
- Pull your agency’s policy and ORI/EIN/DUNS number
- Originating Routing Identifier (ORI): This nine-character alphanumeric identifier is assigned by the FBI for crime reporting purposes.
- Employee Identification Number (EIN): This number is assigned by the IRS for tax reporting purposes. The EIN can be found on a W2 of payroll statement.
- Data Universal Number System (DUNS): A DUNS is a unique nine or thirteen digit sequence recognized as the universal standard for identifying and keeping track of entities receiving federal funds. An agency will only have a DUNS number if they have applied for federal funding. Agencies can find their DUNS by using this lookup tool: https://www.dnb.com/duns-number/lookup.html
- Email electronic copy of NCLEA-1A form and your agency’s policy to NCLEA@ncdoj.gov
- Mail a hard copy of notarized certification to:
- Lacy McVey
NCLEA Program Manager
PO Box 149
Raleigh, NC 27602
- Lacy McVey
- From here, you will receive confirmation and a certification once all policies and NCLEA-1A form have been reviewed.