Skip Navigation
  • Robocall Hotline:(844)-8-NO-ROBO
  • All Other Complaints:(877)-5-NO-SCAM
  • Outside NC:919-716-6000
  • En Español:919-716-0058

Student Loan Complaint Form

If you believe you have been a victim of a predatory loan, scam or unfair and deceptive trade practice concerning a student loan, you may submit a complaint using our Consumer Protection Complaint Form.

In addition to the Consumer Protection Complaint Form linked above, the Charlotte School of Law Complaint Form, detailed below, is for former students of Charlotte School of Law (CSL) only.

The Charlotte School of Law Complaint Form is for former students of Charlotte School of Law (CSL). If you attended Charlotte School of Law at any time, we’d like to hear from you. Students in attendance at CSL on November 2016 or later – who ultimately didn’t graduate – may be eligible for some type of loan relief. Ultimately, the decision on loan relief will rest with the U.S. Department of Education. If you attended CSL, but paid in cash or some form other than loans, we would still like to hear from you.

As explained below, by submitting this form you are consenting to the North Carolina Department of Justice receiving certain specific information about your attendance at CSL.

If you are someone other than a CSL student, please fill out a Consumer Protection complaint form.

Tips for Recent CSL Students:

  • Visit the U.S. Department of Education’s closed school information page and check back regularly for updates.
  • Be on the lookout for notices from the U.S. Department of Education about your rights, including applying for federal student loan relief.
  • If you are trying to transfer to another school, make sure to be an informed consumer. Ask questions about how many credits will transfer, the total costs of their J.D. program, and their student outcomes (i.e. how many students pass the bar and get attorney jobs).
    *Be advised that transferring will impact your eligibility for a closed school discharge.

Before You File a Complaint

  • Read our consumer tips, which can help you avoid future problems.
  • Remember that our office can’t give you legal advice or provide legal representation to individual consumers.
  • Our office generally doesn’t get involved in matters that are scheduled or have already been heard in a court of law or closed by the agency with proper jurisdiction.
  • Know that documents you provide to us may be public record.

What happens to my complaint?

After we review your complaint and supporting documents, we will likely forward them to the business complained about for response. You’ll receive copies of all correspondence. If the complaint falls within the jurisdiction of another local, state, or federal agency, we may refer your complaint to that agency.

We will work with you and the business to resolve your dispute. If we cannot find a resolution, we may suggest that you file an action in Small Claims Court or that you consult a private attorney.

When consumers’ complaints show a pattern of illegal business practices, we may take legal action to enforce the law on behalf of the public.

Even if we aren’t able to directly resolve your complaint, hearing from consumers like you helps us do our job. Consumer complaints help our office monitor questionable business practices, set priorities for enforcement efforts, and make recommendations for changes to the law.

A “Save and Continue” link is included next to the submit button at the bottom of this form. Clicking “Save and Continue” will allow you to save your progress, and return at a later date to complete the form.

  • Information

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Student Debt Information

  • Additional Information

  • Electronic Signature

    By typing my name below and submitting this web form, I attest that the information submitted is my own and not that of a third party. Furthermore, I authorize the release of personally identifiable information beyond Directory Information maintained by Charlotte School of Law (“CSL”) or the U.S. Department of Education to the North Carolina Department of Justice for the purpose of processing my complaint concerning CSL. I understand that some of the records held by CSL may be protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, 20 U.S.C. § 1232g, and cannot be released without my written consent. I hereby waive all provisions of the law and privilege relating to the records described in this disclosure. I certify that this consent has been given freely and voluntarily. I may revoke this consent at any time by providing written notice of my revocation to the records keeper of this authorization. This authorization will remain continuously in effect until I withdraw this authorization in writing or for a maximum of one year from the date this form is submitted.

Contact Consumer Protection

If you want to send the Charlotte School of Law Complaint Form in by mail, use the following link to print pdf complaint form

Mail to:

Consumer Protection
Office of the Attorney General
9001 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699

(919) 716-6000