Minimum Employment Standards
Every Justice Officer employed or certified in North Carolina must meet certain minimum standards under 12 NCAC 10B .0300:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Have been administered a psychological screening examination
- Be at least 20 years of age (18 for Telecommunicators).
- Be a high school graduate, or the equivalent (GED).
- Have been fingerprinted by the employing agency.
- Have had a medical examination by a licensed physician.
- Have produced a negative result on a drug screen.
- Make full disclosure of criminal charges and Domestic Violence Orders, both upon application and while holding certification.
- Be of good moral character.
- Have a thorough background investigation conducted by the employing agency, to include a personal interview prior to employment.
- Not have a prohibitive criminal history record.